Weekly Home LearningTasks
- Children will receive spelling or grammar homework on Fridays, which need to be completed and returned on the following Friday. This may be a list of words to learn, an investigation to complete, a challenge such as a word search, etc. Children will occasionally be tested on the spelling rules that they have been focussed on, this means that they are not expected to learn a list of words, but rather to learn the spelling rules and how they alter words.
- Short maths homework tasks will be sent out regularly to accompany their learning in class, these normally have to be returned the following day and then are stuck into their maths journals.
- Should your child be absent or lose their homework, spare copies can be obtained from the class teacher.
- Homework is discussed in class with the children, but if there is confusion or misunderstanding please ask the class teacher for assistance.
- Your child will also bring home reading books from school, and reading for five or ten minutes a day with them can make a real difference with their progress. Every child in Team 3 will receive a reading record at the start of the year. This is used to record any reading that the children do at home or in school.
Termly Home Learning Tasks
We will also be setting project-based homework every term, which will support the children's learning in the classroom. Children may choose to do the activities which interest them the most and can show the other children in the class.
Each child has been given a list of home learning tasks for this term in their Home Learning Book. If you need another copy please see your child's teacher.