- Count on from any number you can see in the environment.
- Look for number patterns around the home and the environment. Can you find house numbers for odd and even sequences?
- Point out examples of numbers written as words in books, on signs, in papers etc.
- How many people will we walk past on the way to and from school? Did we see more or fewer people on the way home? How many more / fewer people did we see?
- Shopping receipts to find amounts less than £1. Make these amounts using 10p and 1p coins. Later make with the fewest amounts of coins.
- Counting real money including 2p, 5p and 10p. Sort money into piles of 2p, 5p and 10p and encourage counting largest value first.