Each term children experience a spirituality based opportunity in their RE learning. This is a planned experience. Staff also provide other enhanced opportunities with their classes in a range of ways, for example- as they spontaneously arise, as a response to an event or following on from pupils posing 'big' life questions.
We support our school community in their spiritual development by:
- providing opportunities for spiritual development in collective worship
- providing opportunities for spiritual development in RE lessons
- providing opportunities for spiritual development in the wider curriculum
- capturing opportunities for awe and wonder as they arise
- providing ‘Sacred Spaces’ in classrooms, public spaces, outside, and by using the church building, and through the ‘Prayer Spaces in School’ website
- offering pupils opportunities to develop their own spiritual leadership, through leading collective worship and other opportunities